Today EVGA has stopped teasing about the worlds fastest graphics card, as they have revealed the full details about their EVGA GTX 780Ti Kingpin Classified Edition.
With the help of two of the worlds greatest overclockers Vince “K|NGP|N” Lucido and Tsemenko “TiN” Illya EVGA have produced this “enthusiast” OC edition Gtx780Ti. EVGA and both the overclockers have worked together to bring out a GPU that extreme gamers are looking forward to.
As Vince said “This card was engineered to serve one purpose… be the world’s best overclocking graphics card. Expect GPU clockspeeds at over 1.85GHz with extreme cooling.”
Well enough with the introduction, lets get to the specs of this overclocking beast that’s coming out soon. The card which was rumored to be a 6GB model is actually a 3GB GDDR5 model running at a 384-bit memory interface. The card also features 2880 CUDA Cores along with a Dual Bios. Another thing you can notice after looking at the card is the new redesigned ACX Cooler.
The EVGA Kingpin Edition would require 2x8pin and 1x6pin power connectors to run, why is mentioned below. The EVGA KPE 780Ti also comes with a backplate and optional PWM baseplate. The display connections offered are a dual DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort.
The above may look like a common GTX 780Ti but when it comes to overclocking, the difference is noticeable from the power connectors . The card has a dedicated 450W power convertor providing stable voltages. A few things EVGA missed to announced (or left out on purpose) was the base clock and memory frequency. But at whatever frequencies it is set, the card has already broken a world record of a whopping 1933MHz clock speed and 7.8GHz on the memory.
Just a few MHz away from the 2GHz milestone which may be reached in the future , when overclocked the GPU was pumping an impressive bandwidth rate of 374.4 GB/s.
“With the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition graphics card, we focused on the basic demands that are needed when doing extreme overclocking,” said Illya “TiN” Tsemenko. “Capable hardware design and heavy power delivery capacity is key for performance dominance and the ultimate gaming experience. So too is a unique power convertor able to provide over 450W of clean voltage for every kind of overclocking!”
* Up to 450W of Dedicated GPU Power – Dual 8pin + 6pin power input provides up to 450W of clean power.
* 14+3 Phase Power Design – 14 power phases for the GPU, and an additional 3 power phases for the memory.
* EVGA ACX Cooling with 10CM Fans – K|NGP|N inspired cooling design featuring dual 10CM fans.
* Bundled Backplate – Custom EVGA backplate included.
* Separate PWM Baseplate – When going with extreme cooling on the GPU, it is still optimal to cool the PWMs. This separate baseplate allows you to keep the critical power section cool.
* Enhancement PLL Circuitry – Optimised for extreme cooling.
* Probelt with Bundled DMM Adapter and Status LEDs – Easy and precise monitoring of voltage health using external DMM. Onboard voltage status LEDs provide realtime voltage status for every critical rail.
* Pitch Black High Flow I/O Bracket – Improved airflow with great aesthetics.
* XOC Voltage Modification Points – Allows for extreme voltage tuning.
Other than memory and core clocks , the pricing of the card along with the release date are yet to be confirmed. EVGA also added that this GPU would be the first product to be featured in the EVGA Build to Order (BTO) programme on which details are also unclear.